Human LIF (Fc Tag) recombinant protein
Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) is a pleiotropic glycoprotein belonging to the IL-6 family of cytokines. It’s involved in growth promotion and cell differentiation of different types of target cells, influence on bone metabolism, cachexia, neural development, embryogenesis and inflammation. LIF has potent proinflammatory property, being the inducer of the acute phase protein synthesis and affecting the cell recruitment into the area of damage or inflammation. LIF is also one of the cytokines that are capable to regulate the differentiation of embryonic stem cells, hematopoietic and neuronal cells. LIF binds to the specific LIF receptor (LIFR-α) which forms a heterodimer with a specific subunit common to all members of that family of receptors, the GP130 signal transducing subunit. This leads to activation of the JAK/STAT and MAPK cascades. Due to its polyfunctional activities, LIF is involved in the pathogenic events and development of many diseases of various origin.
Leukemia inhibitory factor
Protein short names
HILDA; MLPLI; RP23-329P17.1; DIA; D FACTOR; OTTMUSP00000005253; CDF
A DNA sequence encoding the human LIF (P15018)(Met1-Phe202) was expressed with the Fc region of human IgG1 at the C-terminus.
The recombinant human LIF/Fc is a disulfide-linked homodimer. The reduced monomer comprises 421 amino acids and has a predicted molecular mass of 46.7 kDa. The apparent molecular mass of the protein is approximately 63 kDa in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
> 95 % as determined by SDS-PAGE
1. Measured by its ability to inhibit the proliferation of M1 mouse myeloid leukemia cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.6-3 ng/ml.
2. Measured by its ability to bind human LIFR-His (Cat:501711) in a functional ELISA.
Human LIF Protein (Fc Tag) SDS-PAGE
Related Products / Services
- Recombinant Proteins
- cDNA Clones
- Human LIF (His Tag) recombinant protein$70.1
- Human LIF recombinant protein$130.6
- Mouse LIF recombinant protein$70.1
- Human LIF Recombinant protein (GST tag)$267.9
- Mouse Lif recombinant protein$237.5
- Human LIF/HILDA recombinant protein$299.25
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"