SULT4A1 Rabbit Polyclonal antibody. Positive WB detected in rat brain tissue, human brain tissue. Positive IP detected in mouse brain tissue. Observed molecular weight by Western-blot: 33kd
ELISA, IP, WB
Human,Mouse,Rat; other species not tested.
BR STL 1 antibody; BRSTL1 antibody; DJ388M5.3 antibody; hBR STL antibody; hBR STL 1 antibody; NST antibody; ST4A1 antibody; Sulfotransferase 4A1 antibody; SULT4A1 antibody; SULTX3 antibody
This antibody was obtained by immunization of SULT4A1 recombinant protein (Accession Number: BC022459). Purification method: Antigen affinity purified.
PBS with 0.1% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3.
Store at -20℃. DO NOT ALIQUOT
rat brain tissue were subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with Catalog No:115833(SULT4A1 Antibody) at dilution of 1:600
IP Result of anti-SULT4A1 (IP:Catalog No:115833, 4ug; Detection:Catalog No:115833 1:300) with mouse brain tissue lysate 4000ug.
SULT4A1, also named as SULTX3, NST, ST4A1, hBR-STL and hBR-STL-1, belongs to the sulfotransferase 1 family. It may catalyze the sulfate conjugation of many drugs, xenobiotic compounds, hormones, and neurotransmitters. SULT4A1 displays activity towards L-triiodothyronine, thyroxine, estrone, p-nitrophenol, 2-naphtylamine, and 2-naphtol. It may have a role in the sulfation of drugs and neurotransmitters in the CNS. SULT4A1 is a brain-specific sulfotransferase believed to be involved in the metabolism of neurotransmitters. It is a novel cytosolic sulfotransferase that is primarily expressed in the brain.
- Shu XH, Li H, Sun Z. Identification of metabolic pattern and bioactive form of resveratrol in human medulloblastoma cells. Biochemical pharmacology. 79(10):1516-25. 2010.
- Butcher NJ, Mitchell DJ, Burow R, Minchin RF. Regulation of mouse brain-selective sulfotransferase sult4a1 by cAMP response element-binding protein and activating transcription factor-2. Molecular pharmacology. 78(3):503-10. 2010.
- Mitchell DJ, Butcher NJ, Minchin RF. Phosphorylation/dephosphorylation of human SULT4A1: role of Erk1 and PP2A. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 1813(1):231-7. 2011.
- Shu XH, Li H, Sun XX. Metabolic patterns and biotransformation activities of resveratrol in human glioblastoma cells: relevance with therapeutic efficacies. PloS one. 6(11):e27484. 2011.
- Sun Z, Li H, Shu XH. Distinct sulfonation activities in resveratrol-sensitive and resveratrol-insensitive human glioblastoma cells. The FEBS journal. 279(13):2381-92. 2012.
- Sun Z, Shi S, Li H. Evaluation of resveratrol sensitivities and metabolic patterns in human and rat glioblastoma cells. Cancer chemotherapy and pharmacology. 72(5):965-73. 2013.
- Sidharthan NP, Butcher NJ, Mitchell DJ, Minchin RF. Expression of the orphan cytosolic sulfotransferase SULT4A1 and its major splice variant in human tissues and cells: dimerization, degradation and polyubiquitination. PloS one. 9(7):e101520. 2014.
- Crittenden F, Thomas HR, Parant JM, Falany CN. Activity Suppression Behavior Phenotype in SULT4A1 Frameshift Mutant Zebrafish. Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals. 43(7):1037-44. 2015.
Related Products / Services
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"