Retatrutide (LY3437943) peptide (TFA removed)
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The CAS No. : 2381089-83-2.
Retatrutide is the first triple agonist peptide targeting the Glucagon, GLP-1, and GIP receptors (3G), the EC50 values are 5.79 nM, 0.0643 nM, and 0.775 nM respectively .
Among its predecessors, Liraglutide (Victoza, Saxenda), Exenatide (Byetta), Semaglutide (Ozempic, Rybelsus, Wegovy), Lixisenatide (Adlyxin), Dulaglutide ( Trulicity) are GLP-1 receptor agonists, Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) is a GLP-1/GIP dual receptor co-agonist. Survodutide is a Glucagon/GLP-1 dual receptor co-agonist.
Retatrutidere is administered subcutaneously, with a half-life of 6 days, and therefore can be injected weekly . After 48 weeks, Retatrutide achieved 24.2% weight loss in obese or overweight patients and produced 17% weight loss in diabetic patients, making it arguably the most powerful pipeline today. In addition, Retatrutide also achieved up to 86% reduction in liver fat in patients with NASH (non-alcoholic steatohepatitis) .
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- 1. Coskun T, Urva S, Roell WC, Qu H, Loghin C, Moyers JS, O'Farrell LS, Briere DA, Sloop KW, Thomas MK, Pirro V, Wainscott DB, Willard FS, Abernathy M, Morford L, Du Y, Benson C, Gimeno RE, Haupt A, Milicevic Z. LY3437943, a novel triple glucagon, GIP, and GLP-1 receptor agonist for glycemic control and weight loss: From discovery to clinical proof of concept. Cell Metab. 2022 Sep 6;34(9):1234-1247.e9.
- 2. Jastreboff AM, Kaplan LM, Frías JP, et al. Triple-Hormone-Receptor Agonist Retatrutide for Obesity - A Phase 2 Trial [published online ahead of print, 2023 Jun 26]. N Engl J Med. 2023;10.1056/NEJMoa2301972.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"