Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
PPF-BBI is a novel bioactive Bowman-Birk type inhibitory hexadecapeptide of the Ranacyclin family from the defensive skin secretion of the Fukien gold-striped pond frog, Pelophlax plancyi fukienesis. PPF-BBI was shown to possess a potent trypsin and tryptase inhibitory activity with a high specificity. A better antimicrobial activity was observed when P16 of PPF-BBI was replaced by Lys, and the addition of the cell-penetrating peptide Tat48–56 resulted in a peptide with a strong antifungal activity. The specificity of inhibition is determined by whether the P1 position residue can fit into the S1 pocket of protease. Based on previous reports, Lys as the P1 position is optimal for trypsin inhibition, and Phe is optimal for chymotrypsin. Similarly, PPF-BBI, which has a Lys at the P1 site, showed a strong trypsin inhibitory activity and substitution of the Lys at the P1 position, with Phe leading to the elimination of the trypsin inhibition and giving rise to a chymotrypsin inhibitory activity. In the tryptase activity assay, PPF-BBI displayed a mild potency toward tryptase with a Ki value of 30.52 µM. K16-PPF-BBI shows a three-fold better inhibition with a Ki value of 9.67 µM
Ideally PPF-BBI should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. PPF-BBI should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Miao Y, Chen G, Xi X, et al. Discovery and Rational Design of a Novel Bowman-Birk Related Protease Inhibitor. Biomolecules. 2019;9(7)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-ALRGCWTKSIPPKPCP-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C79H129N23O18S2
- Sequence length:16
- Extinction coefficient:5690 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1753.14
- Theoretical pI:9.93
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"