MGEA5 Rabbit Polyclonal antibody. Positive IHC detected in human endometrial cancer tissue, human meningioma tissue, human pancreas tissue. Positive IF detected in Hela cells. Positive WB detected in human brain tissue, BxPC-3 cells, HeLa cells, human liver tissue, L02 cells, mouse brain tissue, mouse lung tissue, mouse pancreas tissue, SH-SY5Y cells. Positive IP detected in SH-SY5Y cells. Observed molecular weight by Western-blot: 130kd
ELISA, WB, IHC, IF, IP
Human,Mouse,Rat; other species not tested.
Beta N acetylhexosaminidase antibody; Bifunctional protein NCOAT antibody; FLJ11229 antibody; FLJ23355 antibody; HAT antibody; HEXC antibody; Hexosaminidase C antibody; KIAA0679 antibody; MEA5 antibody; Meningioma expressed antigen 5 antibody; MGEA5 antibody; N acetyl beta glucosaminidase antibody; NCOAT antibody; O GlcNAcase antibody; OGA antibody
This antibody was obtained by immunization of MGEA5 recombinant protein (Accession Number: BC039583). Purification method: Antigen affinity purified.
PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3.
Store at -20℃. DO NOT ALIQUOT
human brain tissue were subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with Catalog No:112598(MGEA5 antibody) at dilution of 1:500
IP Result of anti-MGEA5 (IP:Catalog No:112598, 3ug; Detection:Catalog No:112598 1:500) with SH-SY5Y cells lysate 2900ug.
Immunohistochemical of paraffin-embedded human endometrial cancer using Catalog No:112598(MGEA5 antibody) at dilution of 1:100 (under 10x lens)
Immunohistochemical of paraffin-embedded human endometrial cancer using Catalog No:112598(MGEA5 antibody) at dilution of 1:100 (under 40x lens)
Immunofluorescent analysis of Hela cells, using MGEA5 antibody Catalog No:112598 at 1:50 dilution and Rhodamine-labeled goat anti-rabbit IgG (red). Blue pseudocolor = DAPI (fluorescent DNA dye).
Human meningioma-expressed antigen 5 (MGEA5) has two putative domains including protein O-GlcNAcase domain and histone acetyltransferase domain, therefore it is often called bifunctional protein NCOAT. Three isoforms of MEGE5 are produced by alternative splicing. MGEA5 was found to be regulated to reduce the state of glycosylation of transcitpional activators while increasing the acetylation of histones to allow for the concerted activation of eukaryotic gene transcription, for instance, acetylation of Lys8 of histone H4 and Lys 14 of histone H3 are resulted from acetyltransferase activity. In addition, single nucleotide polymorphism in MGE5A is associated with type 2 diabetes in Mexican Americans. Two bands at 130kDa and 75 kDa could be detected using the present rabbit polyclonal antibody 14711-1-AP, which is consistent with results in a related reference (PubMed:11341771).
- Zhu Q, Zhou L, Yang Z. O-GlcNAcylation plays a role in tumor recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma following liver transplantation. Medical oncology (Northwood, London, England). 29(2):985-93. 2012.
- Myers SA, Panning B, Burlingame AL. Polycomb repressive complex 2 is necessary for the normal site-specific O-GlcNAc distribution in mouse embryonic stem cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 108(23):9490-5. 2011.
- Keembiyehetty CN, Krzeslak A, Love DC, Hanover JA. A lipid-droplet-targeted O-GlcNAcase isoform is a key regulator of the proteasome. Journal of cell science. 124(Pt 16):2851-60. 2011.
- Nagel AK, Schilling M, Comte-Walters S, Berkaw MN, Ball LE. Identification of O-linked N-acetylglucosamine (O-GlcNAc)-modified osteoblast proteins by electron transfer dissociation tandem mass spectrometry reveals proteins critical for bone formation. Molecular & cellular proteomics : MCP. 12(4):945-55. 2013.
- Ma Z, Vocadlo DJ, Vosseller K. Hyper-O-GlcNAcylation is anti-apoptotic and maintains constitutive NF-κB activity in pancreatic cancer cells. The Journal of biological chemistry. 288(21):15121-30. 2013.
- Hayakawa K, Hirosawa M, Tabei Y. Epigenetic switching by the metabolism-sensing factors in the generation of orexin neurons from mouse embryonic stem cells. The Journal of biological chemistry. 288(24):17099-110. 2013.
- Radermacher PT, Myachina F, Bosshardt F. O-GlcNAc reports ambient temperature and confers heat resistance on ectotherm development. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 111(15):5592-7. 2014.
- Harris RB, Apolzan JW. Hexosamine biosynthetic pathway activity in leptin resistant sucrose-drinking rats. Physiology & behavior. 138:208-18. 2015.
Related Products / Services
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"