Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Active against Gram-Negative Bacteria E. coli CGMCC1.1369 (MIC 25 uM), S. dysemeriae CPCC160015, P. species CGMCC1.1651, P. aeruginosa CMCC10104, S. typhimurium CGMCC1.1174, E. aerogenes CGMCC1.2021, A. wieringae CGMCC1.2033, A. faecalis CGMCC1.924, K. pneumoniae CPCC160022, E. cloacae CGMCC1.58 (MIC 50 uM), P. rettgeri CMCC49256 with MIC in the range of 3.1-12.5 uM unless specified, Gram-Positive E. faecalis CGMCC1.100 (MIC 25 uM), B. subtilis CGMCC1.88, B. thuringiensis Israel H14 (MIC 12.5 uM), B. cereus CMCC1.126 (MIC 6.2 uM), S. aureus AB94004, C. glutamicum CGMCC1.818, S. epidermidis ACCC02744, M. luteus AB206228, T. halophilus CGMCC1.2492 (MIC 3.1 uM), and fungi Penicillium ACCC30106, A. flavus CGMCC3.6433 (MIC 3.1 uM), B. bassiana CGMCC3.3576 (MIC 6.2 uM), C. albicans CMCC98001, and S. cerevisiae CGMCC2.1619 (MIC 50 uM) (Tan et al. Current Molecular Medicine 2013, 13, 1-11). In addition, Lycosin-I displays anticancer activity both in vitro and in vivo. It adopts a helical conformation in TFE or SDS.The peptide appears to target bacterial membranes. It only showed 10% hemolysis at 100 uM. Provided by Liu Z. The source of Lycosin-I is Venom, Lycosa singorensis.
Ideally Lycosin-I should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Lycosin-I should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Liu Z, Deng M, Xiang J, et al. A novel spider peptide toxin suppresses tumor growth through dual signaling pathways. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12(10):1350-60.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"