LMWP - Low molecular weight protamine
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Low molecular weight protamine (LMWP) is a peptide fragment produced in our laboratory from enzymatic digestion of native protamine. More than 30 papers studying the properties and applications of LMWP have been published by our group in various journals since its initial discovery in 1999. Results have shown that LMWP could completely neutralize the anticoagulant functions of both heparin and low molecular weight heparin (LMWH), with reduced antigenicity and cross-reactivity toward the mice-derived anti-protamine antibodies. Aside from its potential as a heparin/LMWH antagonist, LMWP also shows the ability to retard insulin adsorption by the formation of an insoluble complex, making it a less toxic long-lasting insulin product than the conventional neutral protamine Hagedorn (NPH) insulin for diabetic control. Importantly, LMWP (Sequence: VSRRRRRRGGRRRR), with 10 arginine residues in its structure, could function as a cell-penetrating peptide (CPP), also termed protein transduction domain (PTD), to achieve effective intracellular protein or gene delivery in clinical practice. In this paper, we present a thorough review of our work related to LMWP, with the aim of providing readers an insight into its potential to be a clinical protamine substitute as well as a non-toxic cell penetrating peptide applicable to achieve intracellular protein and gene delivery.
Ideally LMWP - Low molecular weight protamine should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. LMWP - Low molecular weight protamine should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Analysed Sequence:H-VSRRRRRRGGRRRR-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C72H143N45O15
- Sequence length:14
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1879.19
- Theoretical pI:13.36
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"