Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Acylation of antimicrobial peptides mimics the structure of the natural lipopeptide polymyxin B, and increases antimicrobial and endotoxin-neutralizing activities. In this study, the antimicrobial properties of lactoferrin-based LF11 peptides as well as blood compatibility as a function of acyl chain length were investigated. Beyond the classical hemolysis test, the biocompatibility was determined with human leukocytes and platelets, and the influence of antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) on the plasmatic coagulation and the complement system was investigated. The results of this study show that the acylation of cationic peptides significantly reduces blood tolerance. With increasing acyl chain length, the cytotoxicity of LF11 peptides to human blood cells also increased. This study also shows that acylated cationic antimicrobial peptides are inactivated by the presence of heparin. In addition, it could be shown that the immobilization of LF11 peptides leads to a loss of their antimicrobial properties.
Ideally LF11-227 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. LF11-227 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Harm S, Lohner K, Fichtinger U, Schildbu00f6ck C, Zottl J, Hartmann J. Blood Compatibility-An Important but Often Forgotten Aspect of the Characterization of Antimicrobial Peptides for Clinical Application. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20(21)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-FWRRFWRR-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C64H89N23O8
- Sequence length:8
- Extinction coefficient:11380 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1308.54
- Theoretical pI:12.88
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"