Bac2A (AMP peptide)
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The Bac2A (RLARIVVIRVAR−NH2) is a linearized counterpart of cationic cyclic peptide Bactenecin—one of the smallest naturally occurring antimicrobial peptides (AMPs), which, however, generally exhibits a low or moderate antibacterial potency against gram-positive bacteria. Here, it is found that the Bac2A and its linear derivates cannot spontaneously fold into a well-defined helical conformation in solution, thus impairing the peptide amphipathicity and antibacterial activity. Hydrocarbon stapling is rationally designed to constrain the helical conformation of these linear peptides. Atomistic dynamics simulations reveal that the membrane-penetrating course of linear and stapled peptides include four distinct phases, during which the stapled peptides can maintain in an ordered helical conformation, while linear peptides are structured from intrinsic disorder in water solution to partially helical state in membrane interior, indicating that lipid environment can help the linear peptide refolding into amphipathic helix, although the refolding process would incur a large configurational entropy penalty. The antibacterial activities of the most potent stapled peptide are determined as MIC = 7.6 and 16 µg/ml against two gram-positive Staphylococcus aureus clinical strains isolated from pyemia. The activity values are improved by 7.1-fold and 5-fold as compared to that of native Bac2A peptide with MIC = 54 and 80 µg/ml, respectively.
Ideally Bac2A (AMP peptide) should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Bac2A (AMP peptide) should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Rational design, conformational analysis and membrane-penetrating dynamics study of Bac2A-derived antimicrobial peptides against gram-positive clinical strains isolated from pyemia. Journal of Theoretical Biology 2019, 473, 44-51.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-RLARIVVIRVAR-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C63H121N25O12
- Sequence length:12
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1420.79
- Theoretical pI:12.88
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"