Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The antimicrobial peptide VLL-28, isolated from an archaeal transcription factor, shows comparable antifungal activity against 10 clinical isolates of Candida spp. VLL-28 binds to the surface of planktonic cells. VLL-28 effectively reduced the viability of the cells embedded in the mature biofilms, with MBEC50 and MBEC80 of 50 μM and 100 μM, respectively, for C. albicans isolates and the reference strain. In addition, VLL-28 killed 50% of the cells in the preformed biofilm (MBEC50) of C. glabrata and C. parapsilosis isolates at a concentration of 100 μM. On the other hand, VLL-28 was less effective against the mature biofilms of C. tropicalis and C. krusei isolates. VLL-28 is a cryptic antimicrobial peptide derived from a transcriptional factor of Sulfolobus islandicus. VLL-28 displayed a reduced activity only towards C. glabrata, which showed the highest MIC and MFC values . VLL-28 also exhibited strong fungicidal activity towards the planktonic cells of C. krusei. VLL-28 interacts primarily with the fungal surfaces. VLL-28 behaves as a typical CAMP by damaging the cell membrane and/or the cell wall, thus, greatly decreasing the likelihood of the appearance of strains resistance.
Ideally VLL-28 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. VLL-28 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Roscetto E, Contursi P, Vollaro A, Fusco S, Notomista E, Catania MR. Antifungal and anti-biofilm activity of the first cryptic antimicrobial peptide from an archaeal protein against Candida spp. clinical isolates. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):17570
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-VLLVTLTRLHQRGVIYRKWRHFSGRKYR-OH
- Chemical Formula:C163H264N54O35
- Sequence length:28
- Extinction coefficient:8250 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:3540.17
- Theoretical pI:12.41
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"