Transferrin Receptor Targeting Peptide T12
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Transferrin receptor (TfR), is a transmembrane glycoprotein involved in cellular iron trafficking after interaction with its native iron-rich ligand, transferrin (Tf). Of the two TfR subtypes, theTfR2 is abundantly expressed in glioblastomas and their associated vasculature. Using the M13-phage screening on chicken embryo fibroblasts constitutively expressing the human transferrin receptor (hTfR), peptides T7 (HAIYPRH) and T12 (THRPPMWSPVWP) were discovered. Both peptides have been widely used to target several cancer types overexpressing transferrin receptors (TfR1 and TfR2), including liver, prostate, breast, pancreatic cancers, and many others. T12 showed higher affinity, in nanomolar range, towards the target and appeared more promising than the T7 peptide. However, T12 failed to show enhanced transport of conjugated compounds across the BBB.
Ideally Transferrin Receptor Targeting Peptide T12 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Transferrin Receptor Targeting Peptide T12 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Wängler, C. et al. Mol Imaging Biol doi: 10.1007/s11307-010-0329-6, (2010).
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-THRPPMWSPVWP-OH
- Chemical Formula:C71H99N19O15S
- Sequence length:12
- Extinction coefficient:11380 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1490.72
- Theoretical pI:11.05
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"