Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Activity of the natural form can't be evaluated accurately due to low amount of the peptide. A synthetic peptide was found to be active against E. coli and S. aureus USA300 (MRSA) (Mishra B and Wang G 2012 JACS). The L and D-forms of the peptide showed identical antibacterial activity against E. coli (MIC=25 uM),B. subtilis (MIC=6.25 uM), and S. aureus (MIC=3.1 uM) (D=L). 3D structure to be published (G Wang). In addition, a mutant was found to be HIV active (EC50=0.63 uM) (Wang G et al. 2010 Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 54: 1343-1346). The same mutant also displayed in vivo efficacy in preventing biofilm formation in an animal model:mouse (Menousek J et al 2012). APD update 7/19/2012. Temporin-PTa has Antibacterial activity. The source of Temporin-PTa is Hylarana picturata, Asia.
Ideally Temporin-PTa should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Temporin-PTa should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Conlon JM, Kolodziejek J, Nowotny N, et al. Characterization of antimicrobial peptides from the skin secretions of the Malaysian frogs, Odorrana hosii and Hylarana picturata (Anura:Ranidae). Toxicon. 2008;52(3):465-73.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"