Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Skh-AMP1 is an antifungal peptide isolated from Satureja khuzistanica which has been shown to have strong antifungal activity against Aspergillus and Candida species, but no obvious hemolytic effects or cell cytotoxicity in vitro. In the present study, Skh-AMP1 was synthesized, and its mode of action on the plasma membrane, mitochondria, and morphological and ultrastructural changes against conidia and hyphae of Aspergillus fumigatus were evaluated. The results indicated that Skh-AMP1 had sporicidal activities against the non-germinated conidia of A. fumigatus at concentrations of 40 and 80 muM. Skh-AMP1 induced the release of K(+) and the uptake of propidium iodide and enhanced reactive oxygen species (ROS) production in the conidia and hyphae of the fungus. Scanning and transmission electron microscopy showed deformation and shrinkage of the hyphae and conidia, cell membrane disruption and detachment from the cell wall, microvesicle formation, vacuolation and depletion of cytoplasm and organelles of the hyphae of A. fumigatus exposed to 40-80 muM of the peptide. The results further demonstrated that the antifungal activity of Skh-AMP1 may be related to its ability to disrupt fungal cell membrane permeabilization and induce enhanced ROS production. Therefore, Skh-AMP1 can be introduced as a novel antifungal candidate for developing new therapeutic agents.
Ideally Skh-AMP1 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Skh-AMP1 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
Khani S, Seyedjavadi SS, Zare-Zardini H, et al. Isolation and functional characterization of an antifungal hydrophilic peptide, Skh-AMP1, derived from Satureja khuzistanica leaves. Phytochemistry. 2019;164:136u2013143. doi:10.1016/j.phytochem.2019.05.011
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-GRTSKQELCTWERGSVRQADKTIAG-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C115H194N40O38S
- Sequence length:25
- Extinction coefficient:5690 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2777.07
- Theoretical pI:9.9
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"