Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
SAMβA(βIIPKC624-632) is a 9-amino-acid peptide(sequence: RNAENFDRF) which is a selective inhibitor of mitofusin 1-βIIPKC association improves heart failure outcome in rats. SAMβA may be a potential treatment for patients with heart failure. Treatment of cultured neonatal cardiac myocytes with SAMβA prevented mitochondrial fragmentation triggered by angiotensin II. SAMβA reduced the excessive association of βIIPKC with Mfn1 induced by angiotensin II in cardiac myocytes, as measured by co-immunoprecipitation. The treatment of cardiac neonatal myocytes with SAMβA had a better effect in protecting against H2O2-induced metabolic dysfunction when compared to the global βIIPKC inhibitor, βIIV5-3.
Ideally SAMβA, βIIPKC624-632 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. SAMβA, βIIPKC624-632 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Ferreira, J. C. B., Campos, J. C., Qvit, N., Qi, X., Bozi, L. H. M., Bechara, L. R. G., u2026 Mochly-Rosen, D. (2019). A selective inhibitor of mitofusin 1-u03b2IIPKC association improves heart failure outcome in rats. Nature Communications, 10(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-08276-6
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-RNAENFDRF-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C50H74N18O15
- Sequence length:9
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1167.23
- Theoretical pI:7
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"