Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
RV10 peptide is a hydrophobic epitope derived from the VP8 subunit protein of rotavirus. It is a highly conserved linear B-cell epitope involved in human rotavirus neutralization. The physicochemical properties of the RV10 peptide, such as hydrophobicity and charge, can affect the expression, solubility, and stability of modular proteins. In a previous study, three different designs of the RV10 module were synthesized using synthetic biology strategies to generate stable modular capsomeres and virus-like particles (VLPs). The modularization of the murine polyomavirus VP1 with a single copy of RV10 flanked by long linkers and charged residues resulted in the expression of stable modular capsomeres. The introduction of longer flanking linkers may have alleviated structural perturbation of the capsomeres. The RV10 peptide can be used as a target for low-cost vaccine delivery against rotavirus and other target diseases.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Tekewe A, Connors NK, Middelberg AP, Lua LH. Design strategies to address the effect of hydrophobic epitope on stability and in vitro assembly of modular virus-like particle. Protein Sci. 2016 Aug;25(8):1507-16. doi: 10.1002/pro.2953. Epub 2016 Jun 13. PMID: 27222486; PMCID: PMC4972206.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"