Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
RP-220 is a 20 amino acid renalase peptide(aa 220–239: CIRFVSIDNKKRNIESSEIG), which is conserved in all known isoforms but is devoid of any detectable oxidase activity, was equally effective as intact renalase protein at protecting HK-2 cells and WT mice against toxic and ischemic injury. RP-220 and recombinant renalase rapidly activated protein kinase B (AKT), extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK), and mitogen activated protein kinase (p38) mitogen activated protein kinases, suggesting that RP-220 is the region of the renalase protein critical for interaction with its cognate receptor. RP-220 also has a pro-survival role for RP-220 following alkaline insult to corneal epithelial cells.
Ideally RP-220 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. RP-220 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Wang L, Velazquez H, Chang J, Safirstein R, Desir GV. Identification of a receptor for extracellular renalase. PLoS One. 2015;10(4):e0122932. Published 2015 Apr 23. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0122932
- Potts L, Phillips C, Hwang M, Fulcher S, Choi H. Rescue of human corneal epithelial cells after alkaline insult using renalase derived peptide, RP-220. Int J Ophthalmol. 2019;12(11):1667u20131673. Published 2019 Nov 18. doi:10.18240/ijo.2019.11.01
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:Acetylation-CIRFVSIDNKKRNIESSEIG-OH
- Chemical Formula:C100H168N30O33S
- Sequence length:20
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2350.64
- Theoretical pI:8.94
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"