Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
RGBA-1-2b peptide was first reported in paper:Yin J-A, Gao G, Liu X-J, et al. Genetic variation in glia–neuron signalling modulates ageing rate. Nature. 2017;551(7679):198-203. doi:10.1038/nature24463. RGBA-1(regulartory gene for behavioural ageing 1) activates NPR-28 signalling, which acts in serotonergic and dopaminergic neurons to accelerate behavioural deterioration. Four neuropeptides derived from RGBA-1 were identified by tandem mass spectrometry from N2 worms. RGBA-1-2b peptide(Sequence: SPLERNAIKGYRYLSTR-NH2) could activate NPR-28 signalling, which acts in serotonergic and dopaminergic neurons to accelerate behavioural deterioration. This signalling involves the SIR-2.1-dependent activation of the mitochondrial unfolded protein response, a pathway that modulates ageing. Thus, natural variation in neuropeptide-mediated glia–neuron signalling modulates the rate of ageing in C. elegans.
Ideally RGBA-1-2b (SPLERNAIKGYRYLSTR-NH2) should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. RGBA-1-2b (SPLERNAIKGYRYLSTR-NH2) should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Yin J-A, Gao G, Liu X-J, et al. Genetic variation in glia–neuron signalling modulates ageing rate. Nature. 2017;551(7679):198-203. doi:10.1038/nature24463.
- Analysed Sequence:H-SPLERNAIKGYRYLSTR-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C89H147N29O25
- Sequence length:17
- Extinction coefficient:2560 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2023.29
- Theoretical pI:10.54
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"