Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Ranatuerin-2Pb is an antimicrobial peptide identified from Frog Skin Secretion of Rana pipiens. Ranatuerin-2Pb exhibited broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity. Ranatuerin-2Pb exhibited strong antimicrobial activity against S. aureus, E. coli, C. albicans and MRSA; however, it showed no inhibition activity against E. faecalis and P. aeruginosa. Ranatuerin-2Pb exhibited a hemolysis rate near 20% on horse erythrocytes with the concentration at 8uM. The HC50 of ranatuerin-2Pb was 16.11 uM. Ranatuerin-2Pb showed antibiofilm activity against S. aureus, E. coli and C. albicans. Ranatuerin-2Pb exhibited significant inhibitory effect on the proliferation of NCI-H157, MCF-7, U251MG and PC-3, with the IC50 value of 1.453 µM, 7.254 µM, 2.172 µM and 2.251 µM, respectively. Ranatuerin-2Pb showed no inhibitory effect on the proliferation of MDA-MB-435s. Ranatuerin-2Pb induced the highest degree of LDH release for H157 among three peptides.
Ideally Ranatuerin-2Pb should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Ranatuerin-2Pb should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Zhou X, Shi D, Zhong R, et al. Bioevaluation of Ranatuerin-2Pb from the Frog Skin Secretion of Rana pipiens and its Truncated Analogues. Biomolecules. 2019;9(6)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-SFLTTVKKLVTNLAALAGTVIDTIKCKVTGGCRT-OH
- Chemical Formula:C155H272N42O46S2
- Sequence length:34
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:3524.18
- Theoretical pI:10.17
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"