Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Have anti-biofilm and antifungal activities against C. albicans and C. glabrata (Wang K et al. 2014). A mast cell lytic peptide, chemotaxis for polymorphonucleated leukocytes (PMNL). Not toxic to rat erythrocytes. Helix in SDS or TFE. Replacement of residue 7, 8, or 9 by a proline led to reduced helicity as well as antitumor activity (Wang et al. 2008) Peptides 29: 963-968. Animal model:mouse: A single atom change (CO-NH2 to CS-NH2) of MPI improved peptide stability to serum proteases and better inhibited sarcoma xenograft tumor (S180) growth from 18 (WT) to 38% (mutant) using a Kunming mouse model (Zhang W et al. 2010 Peptides 31:1832-8). Updated 9/6/12; 3/2014 GW. Polybia-MPI has Antibacterial activity. Polybia-MPI was found in venom, social wasp, Polybia paulista.
Ideally Polybia-MPI should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Polybia-MPI should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Souza BM, Mendes MA, Santos LD, et al. Structural and functional characterization of two novel peptide toxins isolated from the venom of the social wasp Polybia paulista. Peptides. 2005;26(11):2157-64.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-IDWKKLLDAAKQIL-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C78H132N20O19
- Sequence length:14
- Extinction coefficient:5690 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1654
- Theoretical pI:9.76
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"