Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The peptide profile of the skin secretion of Agalychnis spurrelli has not been investigated; therefore, the structural and biological characterization of its compounds signify an inestimable opportunity to acquire new biologically-active chemical scaffolds. In this work, skin secretion from this amphibian was analysed by molecular cloning and tandem mass spectrometry. Although the extent of this work was not exhaustive, eleven skin secretion peptides belonging to five peptide families were identified. Among these, we report the occurrence of two phyllokinins, and one medusin-SP which were previously reported in other related species. In addition, eight novel peptides were identified, including four dermaseptins, DRS-SP2 to DRS-SP5, one phylloseptin-SP1, and three orphan peptides. Phylloseptin-SP1 and dermaseptins-SP2 were identified in HPLC fractions based on their molecular masses determined by MALDI-TOF MS. Among the antimicrobial peptides, dermaseptin-SP2 was the most potent, inhibiting Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and ORSA with a minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of 2.68 μM, and Candida albicans with an MIC of 10.71 μM, without haemolytic effects. The peptides described in this study represent but a superficial glance at the considerable structural diversity of bioactive peptides produced in the skin secretion of A. spurrelli.
Ideally Phyloseptin-S1 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Phyloseptin-S1 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Proau00f1o-Bolau00f1os C, Blasco-Zu00fau00f1iga A, Almeida JR, et al. Unravelling the Skin Secretion Peptides of the Gliding Leaf Frog, Agalychnis spurrelli (Hylidae). Biomolecules. 2019;9(11)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-FLSLIPHIVSGVASIAKHFG-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C100H158N26O23
- Sequence length:20
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2092.48
- Theoretical pI:10.09
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"