Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Magainin 2 assumes an amphiphilic helix when bound to acidic phospholipids, forming a pore composed of a dynamic, peptide-lipid supramolecular complex. Magainin II, an antibiotic peptide. Magainins are positively charged and amphiphatic. Thought to preferentially bind to anionic phospholipids abundant in bacterial membranes with the formation of dynamic peptide-lipid supramolecular pore and cell permeabilization. Binding to artificial neutral membranes has also been demonstrated.
Ideally Magainin II should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Magainin II should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Hocquellet A, Odaert B, Cabanne C, et al. Structure-activity relationship of human liver-expressed antimicrobial peptide 2. Peptides. 2010;31(1):58-66
- Analysed Sequence:H-GIGKFLHSAKKFGKAFVGEIMNS-OH
- Chemical Formula:C114H180N30O29S
- Sequence length:23
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2466.89
- Theoretical pI:10.55
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"