Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
GRKKRRQRRRPQRWEKISIINFEKL is a peptide that was used in the study to coat the viral envelope of oncolytic viruses. It was complexed with vaccinia virus and herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) to enhance the immune response against tumor antigens. The peptide was attached to the viral envelope using a cell-penetrating peptide sequence derived from the human immunodeficiency virus Tat or conjugated with cholesterol. The coating of the viral envelope with GRKKRRQRRRPQRWEKISIINFEKL did not have any adverse effects on the oncolytic efficacy of the viruses and did not show any toxicity towards the tested cell lines. The peptide-coated viruses were found to significantly enhance anti-tumor immunity and increase the number of tumor-specific CD8+ T cells in the tumor microenvironment.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Ylösmäki E, Malorzo C, Capasso C, Honkasalo O, Fusciello M, Martins B, Ylösmäki L, Louna A, Feola S, Paavilainen H, Peltonen K, Hukkanen V, Viitala T, Cerullo V. Personalized Cancer Vaccine Platform for Clinically Relevant Oncolytic Enveloped Viruses. Mol Ther. 2018 Sep 5;26(9):2315-2325. doi: 10.1016/j.ymthe.2018.06.008. Epub 2018 Jun 19. PMID: 30005865; PMCID: PMC6127500.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"