Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
DGEAGC is an oligopeptide used to protect gold nanoclusters in the synthesis process. It is mixed with HAuCl4 in ultrapure water and undergoes thermal reduction at 70°C to form the gold nanoclusters. The FTIR spectrum of the gold nanoclusters with DGEAGC showed preserved carbonyl and amide I peaks, indicating the maintained structure of the peptide ligands on the cluster surface. DGEAGC acts as a surface ligand for the gold nanoclusters and helps in the formation of clusters with strong orange-red fluorescence.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Fan D, Ou J, Chen L, Zhang L, Zheng Z, Yu H, Meng X, Zhu M. An Oligopeptide-Protected Ultrasmall Gold Nanocluster with Peroxidase-Mimicking and Cellular-Imaging Capacities. Molecules. 2022 Dec 21;28(1):70. doi: 10.3390/molecules28010070. PMID: 36615266; PMCID: PMC9822283.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"