RSMRLSFRARGYGFR (all D-type amino acids)
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The peptide cateslytin (RSMRLSFRARGYGFR) produced by enzymatic degradationof stress proteins is remarkably active against a large number of microorganisms including Plasmodium Falciparum responsible for Malaria. Its mode of action on membranes mimicking the external negatively charged membrane of these microorganisms has been studied by circular dichroism, infra-red (attenuatedtotal reflection), high-resolution magic angle sample spinning and wide line solid state NMR, patch clamp and molecular dynamics. The peptide, which is unstructuredin solution, adopts an aggregated beta sheet structure upon interacting with negatively charged membranes. D-Cateslytin (D-Ctl), a new epipeptide derived from L-Cateslytin, where all L-amino acids were replaced by D-amino acids. D-Ctl emerges as a potent, safe and robust peptide antimicrobial with undetectable susceptibility to resistance. Using Escherichia coli as a model, D-Ctl targets the bacterial cell wall leading to the permeabilization of the membrane and the death of the bacteria. Overall, D-Ctl offers many assets that make it an attractive candidate for the biopharmaceutical development of new antimicrobials either as a single therapy or as a combination therapy as D-Ctl also has the remarkable property to potentiate several antimicrobials of reference such as cefotaxime, amoxicillin and methicillin.
Ideally D-Cateslytin should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. D-Cateslytin should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Zaet A, Dartevelle P, Daouad F, et al. D-Cateslytin, a new antimicrobial peptide with therapeutic potential. Scientific Reports. 2017;7(1). doi:10.1038/s41598-017-15436-z.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"