BNP-32 (human), Brain natriuretic peptide-32
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The secretion of the cardiac hormone BNP-32 is increased considerably in patients with congestive heart failure, successful medical treatment of this condition will result in a decrease. Hence it may serve as a humoral marker. Yandle et al. described a method for determining hBNP in human plasma. Effects of hBNP infusion in man have been described by Holmes et al and La Villa et al. Additionally, BNP-32 may act as a neuropeptide.
Ideally BNP-32 (human), Brain natriuretic peptide-32 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. BNP-32 (human), Brain natriuretic peptide-32 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- M.Mukoyama et al., J. Clin. Invest., 87, 1402 (1991)
- T.G.Yandle et al., J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., 76, 832 (1993)
- S.J.Holmes et al., J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., 76, 91 (1993)
- G.La Villa et al., J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., 78, 1166 (1994)
- H.Yoshida et al., Regul. Peptides, 61, 45 (1996)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-SPKMVQGSGCFGRKMDRISSSSGLGCKVLRRH-OH
- Chemical Formula:C143H244N50O42S4
- Sequence length:32
- Extinction coefficient:120 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:3464.02
- Theoretical pI:11.39
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"