APP 17mer peptide (204-220AA of APP695)
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
APP 17mer peptide (204-220AA of APP695) is a 17–amino acid peptide corresponding to the GABABR1a(gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptor subunit 1a) binding region within APP (Amyloid-beta precursor protein) suppressed in vivo spontaneous neuronal activity in the hippocampus of anesthetized Thy1-GCaMP6s mice. The sequence of APP 17mer peptide is: Ac-DDSDVWWGGADTDYADG-NH2. APP 17mer peptide could bind to sushi 1 domain of GABABR1a with a KD of 810 nM, in the same ragne as the binding affinity of the entire linker region. APP 17-mer peptide mimics the effects of sAPPα on GABABR1a dependent inhibition of synaptic vesicle release. Also, APP 17-mer peptide suppresses neuronal activity of CA1 pyramidal cells in vivo.
Ideally APP 17mer peptide (204-220AA of APP695) should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. APP 17mer peptide (204-220AA of APP695) should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Rice HC, de Malmazet D, Schreurs A, et al. Secreted amyloid-u03b2 precursor protein functions as a GABABR1a ligand to modulate synaptic transmission. Science. 2019;363(6423)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:Acetylation-DDSDVWWGGADTDYADG-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C81H104N20O33
- Sequence length:17
- Extinction coefficient:12660 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1885.79
- Theoretical pI:2.64
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"