gu-ONNRPVYIPRPRPPHPR-OH (Gu = N,N,N’,N’-tetramethylGuanidino and O = L-ornithine)
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Api88 is an Antimicrobial peptide (AMP), which is highly promising to be used against multiple-drug-resistant (MDR) bacterial pathogens in hospitals. Api88 can against a panel of seven clinically important pathogens (i.e., 37 strains and clinical isolates) including nine drug-resistant ones. The Api88 peptide is a highly efficient treatment for Gram-negative pathogens systemically with a therapeutic window larger than ten. Importantly, Api88 killed E. coli in a direct manner without apparent modulation of the immune system.
Ideally Api88 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Api88 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Czihal P, Knappe D, Fritsche S, et al. Api88 is a novel antibacterial designer peptide to treat systemic infections with multidrug-resistant Gram-negative pathogens. ACS Chem Biol. 2012;7(7):1281u20131291. doi:10.1021/cb300063v
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"