Fz7-21, a peptide antagonist for FZD7 receptor subclass
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The Fz7-21 (amino acid sequence: acetyl (Ac)-Leu-Pro-Ser-Asp-Asp-Leu-Glu-Phe-Trp-Cys-His-Val-Met-Tyr-NH2), impaired Wnt–β-catenin signaling in HEK293 cells that were stimulated with exogenous WNT3A or transfected with a construct expressing WNT3A or WNT1; it also blocked WNT3A-mediated stabilization of β -catenin in mouse L cells20 (IC50 = 50 nM), although the maximum inhibition reached a plateau at 50%. The observed difference in maximum Wnt pathway inhibition between HEK293 and mouse L cells, as measured by a Wnt-dependent luciferase reporter and β -catenin imaging assays, respectively, could likely be due to differences in cell surface expression levels of various FZD receptors across different cell lines.
Ideally Fz7-21, a peptide antagonist for FZD7 receptor subclass should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Fz7-21, a peptide antagonist for FZD7 receptor subclass should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Nile AH, de Sousa E Melo F, Mukund S, et al. A selective peptide inhibitor of Frizzled 7 receptors disrupts intestinal stem cells. Nat Chem Biol. 2018
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:Acetylation-LPSDDLEFWCHVMY-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C83H114N18O23S2
- Sequence length:14
- Extinction coefficient:6970 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1796.02
- Theoretical pI:3.71
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"