Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
More recently, an Australia-based biotechnology company, Metabolic Pharmaceuticals Limited, developed AOD-9604, which is a modified fragment of amino acids 177–191 of GH that mimics the lipolytic effects of GH without producing growth effects. In a 12-week randomized clinical trial, subjects receiving AOD-9604 (1 mg/d) lost an average of 2.6 kg, compared to 0.8 kg in the placebo group.41 AOD-9604 did not produce weight loss in a dose-dependent manner as subjects receiving AOD-9604 (10 mg/d) showed a smaller reduction in weight. Development of this drug was terminated in 2007 because the drug failed to induce significant weight loss in a 24-week trial of 536 subjects.42 However, in 2009 Phosphagenics Limited signed a collaborative research and option agreement with Metabolic Pharmaceuticals Limited to license AOD9604 for use as a cosmeceutical product aimed at reducing cellulite and subcutaneous fat using their proprietary transdermal delivery platform (TPM).
Ideally AOD-9604 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. AOD-9604 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Valentino MA, Lin JE, Waldman SA. Central and peripheral molecular targets for antiobesity pharmacotherapy. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010 Jun;87(6):652-62. doi: 10.1038/clpt.2010.57. Epub 2010 May 5. PMID: 20445536; PMCID: PMC3136748.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"