Rabbit polyclonal to VEGF-C
Human VEGF-C / Flt4-L / VRP
Produced in rabbits immunized with purified, recombinant Human VEGF-C (rh VEGF-C; NP_005420.1; Thr 103-Arg 227). VEGF-C specific IgG was purified by human VEGF-C affinity chromatography.
0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with 5% trehalose
This antibody can be stored at 2℃-8℃ for one month without detectable loss of activity. Antibody products are stable for twelve months from date of receipt when stored at -20℃ to -70℃. Preservative-Free.
Sodium azide is recommended to avoid contamination (final concentration 0.05%-0.1%). It is toxic to cells and should be disposed of properly. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
ELISA: 0.5-1.0 μg/mL
This antibody can be used at 0.5-1.0 μg/mL with the appropriate secondary reagents to detect Human VEGFC. The detection limit for Human VEGFC is 0.0049 ng/well.
Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is a member of the VEGF family. Upon biosynthesis, VEGF-C protein is secreted as a non-covalent momodimer in an anti-parellel fashion. VEGF-C protein is a dimeric glycoprotein, as a ligand for two receptors, VEGFR-3 (Flt4), and VEGFR-2. VEGF-C may function in angiogenesis of the venous and lymphatic vascular systems during embryogenesis. VEGF-C protein is over-expressed in various human cancers including breast cancer and prostate cancer. VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 axis, through different signaling pathways, plays a critical role in cancer progression by regulating different cellular functions, such as invasion, proliferation, and resistance to chemotherapy. Thus, targeting the VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 axis may be therapeutically significant for certain types of tumors.
- Joukov V, et al. (1997) Vascular endothelial growth factors VEGF-B and VEGF-C. J Cell Physiol. 173(2): 211-5.
- Su JL, et al. (2007) The role of the VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 axis in cancer progression. Br J Cancer. 96(4): 541-5.
- Anisimov A, et al. (2009) Activated forms of VEGF-C and VEGF-D provide improved vascular function in skeletal muscle. Circ Res. 104(11): 1302-12.
Related Products / Services
- Recombinant Proteins
- cDNA Clones
- Human VEGF-C (His Tag) recombinant protein$70.1
- Rat VEGF-C (aa 108-223, Fc Tag) recombinant protein$191.1
- Rat VEGF-C (aa 108-223, His Tag) recombinant protein$191.1
- Human VEGFC (His tag) recombinant protein$112.7
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"