Anti-TGF-beta 2 antibody
Rabbit polyclonal to TGF-beta 2
Mouse TGF-beta 2
MGC116892 antibody; BB105277 antibody; Tgfb2 antibody; TGFB2 antibody; Tgfb-2 antibody; TGF-beta 2 antibody; TGF-beta 2 antibody; Tgf-beta2 antibody; TGF-beta2 antibody
Produced in rabbits immunized with purified, recombinant Mouse TGF-beta 2 (rM TGF-beta 2; NP_033393.2; Met1-Ser414). Total IgG was purified by Protein A affinity chromatography.
0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS
This antibody can be stored at 2℃-8℃ for one month without detectable loss of activity. Antibody products are stable for twelve months from date of receipt when stored at -20℃ to -80℃. Preservative-Free.
Sodium azide is recommended to avoid contamination (final concentration 0.05%-0.1%). It is toxic to cells and should be disposed of properly. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
ELISA: 0.5-1 μg/ml
This antibody can be used at 0.5-1 μg/ml with the appropriate secondary reagents to detect Mouse TGF-beta 2.
TGF beta 2 (Transforming growth factor beta 2), an extracellular glycosylated protein, which belongs to the TGF-beta family. TGF-beta regulates key mechanisms of tumor development, namely immunosuppression, metastasis, angiogenesis, and proliferation. TGF beta 2 suppression is a promising therapeutic approach for malignant tumor therapy. The signaling pathway of TGF beta 2/Smad plays an important role in the pathological process in posterior capsule opacification (PCO) after cataract surgery. Silencing Smad2 and Smad3 efficiently blocked the effect of TGF beta 2 on cell proliferation, migration, and extracellular matrix production. TGF beta 2 activation of MEKK3/ERK1/2/5 signaling modulates Has2 expression and hyaluronan (HA) production leading to the induction of epithelial to mesenchymal transformation (EMT) events. In addition, the upregulation of the TGF beta 2 level is a common pathological feature of Alzheimer's disease (AD) brains and suggests that it may be closely linked to the development of neuronal death related to AD.
- Schlingensiepen KH, et al. (2006) Targeted tumor therapy with the TGF-beta 2 antisense compound AP 12009. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 17(1-2): 129-39.
- Ghatpande SK, et al. (2010) Transforming growth factor beta2 is negatively regulated by endogenous retinoic acid during early heart morphogenesis. Dev Growth Differ. 52(5): 433-55.
- Noguchi A, et al. (2010) Transforming growth factor beta2 level is elevated in neurons of Alzheimer's disease brains. Int J Neurosci. 120(3): 168-75.
- Li J, et al. (2011) Comparative effects of TGF-_2/Smad2 and TGF-_2/Smad3 signaling pathways on proliferation, migration, and extracellular matrix production in a human lens cell line. Exp Eye Res. 92(3): 173-9.
Related Products / Services
- Recombinant Proteins
- cDNA Clones
- Mouse TGF-beta 2 (His Tag) recombinant protein$94.3
- Canine TGF-beta 2 (His Tag) recombinant protein$239.5
- Rhesus TGF-beta 2 (His Tag) recombinant protein$130.6
- Mouse Tgfb2 recombinant protein$144.5
- Human TGFB2 recombinant protein$144.5
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"