Rabbit polyclonal to Osteoprotegerin/TNFRSF11B
Human Osteoprotegerin / TNFRSF11B
Osteoprotegerin antibody; Osteoprotegerin antibody; TNFRSF11B antibody; Tnfrsf11b antibody; TR1 antibody; TR1 antibody; OPG antibody; MGC29565 antibody; OCIF antibody; OCIF antibody; OPG antibody
Produced in rabbits immunized with purified, recombinant Human Osteoprotegerin / TNFRSF11B (rh TNFRSF11B; NP_002537.3; Met1-Leu401). Total IgG was purified by Protein A affinity chromatography.
0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS
This antibody can be stored at 2℃-8℃ for one month without detectable loss of activity. Antibody products are stable for twelve months from date of receipt when stored at -20℃ to -80℃. Preservative-Free.
ELISA: 0.5-1 μg/mL
This antibody can be used at 0.5-1.0 μg/mL with the appropriate secondary reagents to detect Human Osteoprotegerin / TNFRSF11B. The detection limit for Human Osteoprotegerin / TNFRSF11B is <0.039 ng/well.
Osteoprotegerin or TNFRSF11B is a member of the TNF-receptor superfamily. This protein is an osteoblast-secreted decoy receptor that functions as a negative regulator of bone resorption. This protein specifically binds to its ligand, osteoprotegerin ligand, both of which are key extracellular regulators of osteoclast development. Studies of the mouse counterpart also suggest that this protein and its ligand play a role in lymph-node organogenesis and vascular calcification. Alternatively spliced transcript variants of this gene have been reported, but their full length nature has not been determined. Osteoprotegerin/TNFRSF11B acts as decoy receptor for RANKL and thereby neutralizes its function in osteoclastogenesis. This protein may inhibit the activation of osteoclasts and promotes osteoclast apoptosis in vitro. Bone homeostasis seems to depend on the local RANKL/OPG ratio. Osteoprotegerin/TNFRSF11B also play a role in preventing arterial calcification, act as decoy receptor for TRAIL and protect against apoptosis. TRAIL binding blocks the inhibition of osteoclastogenesis.
- Collin-Osdoby P. (2005) Regulation of vascular calcification by osteoclast regulatory factors RANKL and osteoprotegerin. Circ Res. 95 (11): 1046-57.
- Boyce BF, et al. (2007) Biology of RANK, RANKL, and osteoprotegerin. Arthritis Res. Ther. 9 Suppl 1: S1.
- Blázquez-Medela AM, et al. ( 2011) Osteoprotegerin and diabetes-associated pathologies. Curr Mol Med. 11 (5): 401-16.
Related Products / Services
- Recombinant Proteins
- cDNA Clones
- Human Osteoprotegerin/TNFRSF11B (His Tag) recombinant protein$169.4
- Rhesus Osteoprotegerin/TNFRSF11B (Fc Tag) recombinant protein$169.4
- Mouse Osteoprotegerin/TNFRSF11B (Fc Tag) recombinant protein$122.2
- Human TNFRSF11B/OCIF/OPG (Fc tag) recombinant protein$144.5
- Human TNFRSF11B/OCIF/OPG (His tag) recombinant protein$115.6
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"