Anti-IFN gamma antibody
Rabbit monoclonal to IFN gamma
Human IFN gamma / IFNG
gamma interferon antibody; Ifg antibody; IFG antibody; IFI antibody; IFN gamma antibody; IFN gamma antibody; IFNG antibody; Ifng antibody; IFN-g antibody; immune interferon antibody; interferon gamma antibody; Ifg antibody; IFN-g antibody; IFG antibody; IFI antibody
This antibody was obtained from a rabbit immunized with purified, recombinant Human IFN gamma / IFNG (rh IFN gamma / IFNG; NP_000610.2; Met1-Gln166).
0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS
This antibody can be stored at 2℃-8℃ for one month without detectable loss of activity. Antibody products are stable for twelve months from date of receipt when stored at -20℃ to -80℃. Preservative-Free.
Sodium azide is recommended to avoid contamination (final concentration 0.05%-0.1%). It is toxic to cells and should be disposed of properly. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
FCM: 0.5-2 μg/Test
IFN gamma / IFNG Antibody, Rabbit MAb, Flow Cytometry
Flow cytometric analysis of Human IFN-γ expression on human peripheral blood lymphocytes. Human peripheral blood mononulcear cells were stimulated for 4-6 hours with PMA and Ionomycin in the presence of GolgiPlug. The cells were treated according to manufacturer’s manual (BD Pharmingen™ Cat. No. 554714), stained with purified anti-Human IFN-γ, then a FITC-conjugated second step antibody. The fluorescence histograms were derived from gated events with the forward and side light-scatter characteristics of viable lymphocytes.
IFN gamma, also known as IFNG, is a secreted protein which belongs to the type I I interferon family. IFN gamma is produced predominantly by natural killer and natural killer T cells as part of the innate immune response, and by CD4 and CD8 cytotoxic T lymphocyte effector T cells once antigen-specific immunity develops. IFN gamma has antiviral, immunoregulatory, and anti-tumor properties. IFNG, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions, it is a potent activator of macrophages, and has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons. The IFNG monomer consists of a core of six α-helices and an extended unfolded sequence in the C-terminal region. IFN gamma is critical for innate and adaptive immunity against viral and intracellular bacterial infections and for tumor control. Aberrant IFN gamma expression is associated with a number of autoinflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The importance of IFN gamma in the immune system stems in part from its ability to inhibit viral replication directly, and most importantly from its immunostimulatory and immunomodulatory effects. IFNG also promotes NK cell activity.
- Gray P W, et al. (1982) Structure of the human immune interferon gene. Nature. 298: 859-63.
- Taya Y, et al. (1982) Cloning and structure of the human immune interferon-gamma chromosomal gene. EMBO J. 1: 953-8.
- Goshima N, et al. (2008) Human protein factory for converting the transcriptome into an in vitro-expressed proteome. Nomura N Nat Methods. 5: 1011-7.
- Thiel DJ, et al. (2000) Observation of an unexpected third receptor molecule in the crystal structure of human interferon-gamma receptor complex. Structure. 8 (9): 927-36.
- Naylor SL, et al. (1983) Human immune interferon gene is located on chromosome 12. J Exp Med. 157 (3): 1020-7.
- Schoenborn JR, et al. (2007) Regulation of interferon-gamma during innate and adaptive immune responses. Adv Immunol. 96: 41-101.
Related Products / Services
- Human IFN gamma recombinant protein
- Mouse IFN gamma recombinant protein
- Mouse IFN gamma (Fc Tag) recombinant protein
- Mouse IFN gamma (His Tag) recombinant protein
- Mouse Ifn Gamma Recombinant protein (His tag)
- Human IFNG Recombinant protein (His tag)
- Human IFNG Recombinant protein (GST tag)
- Human IFNG recombinant protein (Native)
- Human IFNG recombinant protein
- Human IFNG recombinant protein
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"